Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Updated Chartwell Investment Partners, LLC filing of the Berywn Funds (filed 2/22/16)

edited February 2016 in Fund Discussions
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318342/000139834416010143/fp0018037_n14a.htm

Not sure what changed from the prior registration filing, but this filing differs from the prior filing.

Comments

• As best I can tell, it looks like boilerplate, routine stuff.
    Just more detail, including:

" NO FRONT-END, DEFERRED SALES LOAD OR REDEMPTION FEE WILL BE CHARGED AS A RESULT OF THE EXCHANGE."

One of Chartwell's funds has classes that include 5.75% sales load and no-load.

And this caveat, if shareholders say "no.":

"If any of the Reorganizations is not approved (...blah, blah,...)
    then the Board will consider what further actions to take with respect to the Acquired Fund(s) that will not be reorganized, which may include liquidation of such Acquired Fund(s)."

Also, I see that the initial/subsequent purchases change to $1000/$100

• edited February 2016
    @Amir

I did notice the "No front-end, deferred sales load...," but I was hoping that existing Berwyn shareholders receive "I" shares like the Lake Michigan Bond fund post I linked up last night.
  • TheShadow said:

@Amir
    I did notice the "No front-end, deferred sales load...," but I was hoping that existing Berwyn shareholders receive "I" shares like the Lake Michigan Bond fund post I linked up last night.

Likewise.

Everything in and about Berwyn Income, for example, will stay the same for at least two years. If the new owners try hiking expenses, or inserting loads, etc, after that - I would vote with my feet (out the door).

My chief concern about the transaction for BERIX remains AUM (if current manager(s), performance, SD, remain solid.)