Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DoubleLine's Gundlach Says Firm Bought Some Equities Two Weeks Ago

FYI: (It would be nice to know which ones ?)
Jeffrey Gundlach, the co-founder and chief executive officer of DoubleLine Capital, said on Friday that his firm purchased some U.S. stocks two weeks ago after their rocky start in January.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/doubleline-gundlach-idUSL2N1651GF

Comments

• Here is link to an article on February 8 where Gundlach predicted a collapse in the junk bond market.

So far he has been completely wrong. Junk bonds had another strong day today.

I'll believe junkster's opinion over Gundlach any day of the week.
  • MOZART325 said:

Here is link to an article on February 8 where Gundlach predicted a collapse in the junk bond market.

So far he has been completely wrong. Junk bonds had another strong day today.

I'll believe junkster's opinion over Gundlach any day of the week.

Thanks G, albeit wouldn't go that far. Junk bonds bottomed on 2/11 a pivotal day for a lot of markets YTD (see MFO link below) Since the generational bottom in December 2008 I have never found Mr Gundlach very prescient on junk bonds. There have been few times when he was outright bullish on junk. He seems to have had a bias against them for most of the past 7 years. And among the experts out there, I actually think he is among the few that has a clue when it comes to the markets in general. I like him!

It has been a nice rally in junk since the recent bottom and after today many of the open end will be positive YTD. I have no idea if Gundlach will be proven correct in junk this time around. While the experts practice their vodoo forecasting and predicting, the market will tell its own story best by its price action. Junk and oil have been joined at the hip the past two years or so. If oil is to go back down to its lows would *think* so will junk. But then I never have been much of a *thinker*

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/25925/was-yesterday-it#latest