Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FPACX

Sold my beloved FPACX today after many many good years of prosperity. Everything comes to an end I guess. It was like putting down an old dog of mine.

Comments

• What were your reasons for selling. Are you getting another allocation fund?
  • trending towards underperformance of a simple balanced index the older the fund becomes. Increasing commentary on the legacy of the fund.
  • TedTed
    edited February 2016
    @shipwreckedandalone: Considering you still own VBINX another Moderate Allocation Fund, I think you've made a wise decision. Over the years FPCAX percentile ranking has slipped from 1-93.

15 Years: 1
    10 Years: 10
    5 Years: 33
    3 Years: 48
    1 Year: 75
    YTD: 93
    Regards,
    Ted
  • A concern for us has been Romick's continued reference on the fund's long-term positive numbers, and a lack of discussion on recent (1+ year) under-performance. The downside is especially surprising considering the huge amount of cash he has hoarded in the fund. Yes, the 5-10-15 year numbers are good and they are competitive. But at least address why the high 10% loss in the last 12 months. We have not moved client dollars, but the fund is on our watch list.
  • Oakmark Equity Income OARBX is not doing much better than FPACX and I have both. Maybe both suffer from Bonds not helping with performance numbers?