Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard: An Investment Leader That Keeps Streamlining

FYI: (This is a follow-up article)
For seven years in a row, U.S. investors have sent more money to Vanguard Group, the world's largest mutual fund company, than any of its rivals, says fund-tracker Morningstar Inc.

The Malvern-based company now controls 5 percent of every stock exchange-listed U.S. company.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20160214_Vanguard__An_investment_leader_that_keeps_streamlining.html

Comments

• So, Vanguard is another American company that outsources jobs, fires older employees, and blocks lower employees from earning bonuses. How sad.

I guess that's why I'm voting for S...(no, I won't say his name. I don't believe this is the right forum for political discussions. Ah heck, Go Bernie!!! Sorry. I lost control.)
  • It is truly unfortunate that Vanguard choose to go down that road - basically mistreating their employees. They are all ready considerable lower in fee than their closest competitor, i.e. Black rock. Further reducing their operating expense does not make much sense.
  • This is a welcome change to reduce prices compared to " charge what the market can bear" attitude of every other service personnel.
  • Yes, it's definitely welcome to shift yet more jobs overseas and to put yet more Americans out of work and then to wonder why the economy sucks.
  • "...Vanguard says its edge is based on its unique business structure."
    What's unique about outsourcing jobs and age discrimination? Hell, you can find that anywhere.