Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Thank you! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Surely won't sleep for the next several nights now.

(However, finished taxes today - so some good news,)
  • Didn't Saut also predict that we would have a "rip-your-face-off" rally in the latter half of December ?? How did THAT turn out??
  • Didn't Saut also predict that we would have a "rip-your-face-off" rally in the latter half of December ?? How did THAT turn out??

What??? We're holding analysts accountable???

• "Using a propitiatory forecasting model, he predicted it would happen next week"

Interesting......he uses a "propitiatory" forecasting model!
  • propitiating the gods
  • Just when I start thinking I know it all, in comes the word propitiating. Maybe that one escaped me because no one ever witnessed me do anything close to "win or regain the favor of (a god, spirit, or person) by doing something that pleases them." Had to look it up.
  • At least it's not "proprietary," which means that we just discovered something that will cure society's ills, but all we're going to do is to announce the fact, then slap a patent on it.
  • My propitiating model says we are due for a technical bounce this week. One of these bounces in the future starting this week will turn out to be the bottom. As to which one it will be, I have to wait for my propitiating ball to come back from its travels into the future.

What these guys do is to look at technical bounces that is reasonably well predictable and front run it hoping that it will be the one making them famous on CNBC if it turns out to be bottom. No downside to getting it wrong because no one will remember.