Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

where is everyone?

I expected some chatter this morning...guess everyone is busy scooping up bargains during the big sell-off!

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hi @little5bee,

I am here looking and pondering ... but, I'm waiting to see 1805 on the S&P 500 Index before I buy again. I am now using a 75 point spread, over the old 50 point spread, I used for my last buy step of 1880. And, yes ... if the market keeps dropping my spread could be increased to 100 point spread.

Not sure what I'll buy ... perhaps add another position to CTFAX as it is now loading equities in this falling market and will sell equities down as the market recovers. In addition, I am also looking at adding to FDSAX a good dividend fund that also plays the Dogs of the Dow as part of its investment strategy. I am wanting to select good funds that will also pay me while I wait the current market storm out.

Once we reach a bottom ... or thereabout ... I'll probally open a spiff, or two, in a capital appreciation fund like IACLX, VADAX or SPECX to play the rebound.

Have a good day ...

Old_Skeet
  • edited January 2016
    Hi, @Old_Skeet!

I bought IBB this morning at $271...will look for a quick profit and exit. It's in my Roth, so unfortunately, I will need to wait till funds settle to buy something else. But sometimes, that's a good thing!

Edit: I leave my screen for a few seconds and the Dow drops 100 pts! IBB is doing well, relative to the broad indices...still above my cost, even though the indices are below.
  • Sorry, I got trampled while combing through the clearance aisle.
  • edited January 2016
    Am buying a little bit here-and-there, but expect further opportunities. I'm happy to add to long-term holdings. I'm not thrilled, but I'm not concerned.
  • edited January 2016
    NYMEX off another 7% now at $26.

I'm thinking at $15 we'll mortgage the house and go for broke.
  • edited January 2016
    Hey @scott,

I sure do miss your thread ... that you anchored ... "What Are You Buying, Selling or Pondering?"

What is the chance you'll be reopening it again from time-to-time?

Old_Skeet
  • little5bee

Looks like you caught another IBB bounce...CNBC will be contacting you if you keep this up.
  • edited January 2016
    @PRESSmUP Last time, it was a 7% gain...I'll probably sell by the end of the day.

I know....I feel like Nostradamus! ;)

Ok...I sold it with about a 5% gain. I don't like trading!
  • Old_Skeet said:

Hey @scott,

I sure do miss your thread ... that you anchored ... "What Are You Buying, Selling or Pondering?"

What is the chance you'll be reopening it again from time-to-time?

Old_Skeet

I don't know how often I'm going to be posting on here but will check PMs occasionally. Really, it doesn't have to be me who posts the "What Are You Buying" threads - anyone is more than welcome to continue that.

Thanks for the msg.