Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

blanchard on this market

edited January 2016 in Off-Topic
smart, seems to me:

http://blogs.piie.com/realtime/?p=5341

will seriously consider some buying this week, I think.

Comments

• Blanchard's a very smart guy, who's been right more often than not. Thanks for posting this.
  • I agree with his take on the downtrend. But not as surprised or negative about the reason - herding.

Herding is also what makes bull markets with very often a disconnect from underlying reality.

Ever since the capital markets started to attract more money than there are equities to justify the flow, we are in a market determined by what you think others will be willing to pay in the future in a relative sense than what the underlying shares are worth (rationalized by increasing multiples) in an absolute sense. Herding is the natural consequence of that based on current sentiment in either direction.
  • "Herding is the natural consequence of that based on current sentiment in either direction."

Yes, I surely agree with that!