Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What Dividend Mutual Fund Is Best For You?

FYI: A lot of dividend mutual funds are getting clobbered this year in total return.

In fact, for many, the higher their 12-month yield, the worse their year-to-date performance, as of Dec. 16.

So should investors plunge into this beaten-down stock mutual funds category? Does it have any place other than up to go?

This is a crucial question for many investors, especially those focused on retirement planning.
Regards,
Ted
http://license.icopyright.net/user/viewFreeUse.act?fuid=MjExNTM1Mzc=

Enlarged Graphic:
http://news.investors.com/photopopup.aspx?path=WMUT90-1218.jpg&docId=785970&xmpSource=&width=1000&height=846&caption=&id=785971

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Re: MAPOX from M*, last August: "This moderate-allocation offering was subject to a new performance test for the 2015 Fantastic list. Previously we considered longtime manager Bill Frels' record, but when he retired at the end of 2014, performance rested with comanager Ron Kaliebe, who has been assigned to the fund since 2006."

I'm still into MAPOX, and adding to it. It's 15.2% of my total. The dividend has been rising, despite a lackluster year, even if by just a penny. It pays quarterly, not monthly. Their webpage warns about the Medtronic-Covidien deal, and about larger than normal year-end pay-out. Fine with me. It's in Trad. IRA. I dunno if that fund family's emphasis on upper-Midwest companies detracts. I first got in in 2012, at $68.00, and it's been a ride upward, since. This year has been a matter of stalling-out, with the rest of the Market.

....And no, I can't say I own ANYTHING devoted to dividends, except my bond-funds: DLFNX, PRSNX, PREMX. And the TRP global Real Estate Fund: TRGRX.
  • Here's a 3 year chart compare of SCHD. Just think one of best dividend growth funds
    with fundamental objective
  • Hey! :) Thanks, ron.