Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*'s Upgrades & Downgrades For October

FYI: October Ratings Activity Includes a Newly Minted Gold Fund
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=721898

Comments

• My investment in Meridian's Small Cap Growth Fund has done nicely. Morningstar gave it a bronze rating. The fund was number one in its category at the end of its first year. Lucky guess by me.

On the other hand, there are funds popular on this site that have been looking rather shaky and I've been weeding them out of my portfolio.

My best funds are the old tried and true ( e.g. T Rowe Price Cap Appreciation). Nothing like a correction to separate the men from the boys (and women from the girls).

What funds are you ready to give up on?
  • I've held a small amount in prpfx & will be kicking this to the curb shortly.
    Derf
  • Maybe move some of the two Yackts to PRBLX and DSENX. Also to PONDX and GLRBX, since another year is past and I should be shifting more away from equities.
  • My 2 cents lose one of the Yackts and move to PRBLX and DSENX. IMO, Yack hasn't lost it.

PS I haven't bought PRBLX yet. I'll tell you when I do. Normally fund tanks right after I buy, which is why I wait for fund to tank first (while it does not work always - HSGFX).