The November issue has posted. It is unusually full.
- There’s a largely irrelevant debate about whether the stock market will crash any time soon. We begin by noting that no one knows; the real problem is that the conditions that underlie
- Sequoia (SEQUX) is legendary. And it’s wobbling. A lot. David and Ed look separately, and critically, at the fund’s short- and long-term challenges.
- The market’s toughest spot for active managers is large cap core, the heart of most portfolios. Leigh Walzer of Trapezoid LLC analyzes over 300 fund to identify the dozen with the greatest prospect of outperforming their peers and their benchmark index.
- We highlight the “five great overlooked little funds” that Lewis Braham tracked down for Barron’s.
- David Herro, a former Morningstar manager of the decade, made me crazy with his comments on global warming and emerging markets, so I decided to walk through them.
- Capital gains season is upon us and we post Mark Wilson's first comments.
- We profile RiverNorth Core Opportunity (RNCOX) and highlight the recent launch of T. Rowe Price Emerging Market Value (PRIJX).
- Charles explains our transition from Morningstar to Lipper data.
- And, of course, our usual collection of news from DailyAlts and FundFox, funds in registration, manager changes, liquidations and more.
You know, stuff. We have a lot of stuff.