Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

America (Michigan) edumacation and the economy, State’s $300,000 e-textbooks flunk out with critics

edited October 2015 in Off-Topic

Article title: State’s $300,000 e-textbooks flunk out with critics

A quote from the project director: They (teachers) were asked to design the materials “based on what they would want their dream resource to be,” Johnson said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/laura-berman/2015/10/12/berman-textbooks/73850816/

I have downloaded the high school economics e-book; but will not be able to begin reading for a few weeks.

Most of the critical heat is upon the elementary/middle school level history/social sciences e-books.

Yes, I believe all of this is relative to the future of this country. Not a political statement; just a plain thought of common sense.

Lastly. I don't know how long this link stays in place with this newspaper. Hopefully, you may have the opportunity to read this and the comments section included in the article.

Catch

Comments

• One of my high school teachers was contracted to help write a textbook supplement once. He agreed but refused to let them use his name. His comment:"putting in the hours they paid for didn't result in a book I'd want my name on and they weren't wiling to pay more."