Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PIMCO on Yellen: "I never said most of the things I said." (Yogi Berra)

edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
http://blog.pimco.com/2015/09/29/macro-matters-when-the-chair-speaks/

"Janet Yellen last week likely tilted higher market expectations for a December liftoff simply by not mentioning one word – China – in her speech, “Inflation Dynamics and Monetary Policy,” after several references to the nation in her dovishly perceived 17 September press conference."
-
With today's disappointing jobs report, Yellen may now need to NOT have said in that address that she expects interest rates to rise by year's end.

Got all that?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Wait, I thought Janet said that everything was great and getting better.

Honestly, I'll wait for the Fed apologists to ride to their rescue and explain how everything is great and the Fed didn't just spend years and devote enormous amounts of money to merely delaying the inevitable economic Winter.

I'm looking forward to more QE, because if a sugar high didn't create anything sustainable the first time, second time or third time, number four has to work. Right?

...or perhaps we'll go with NIRP.

Either way, if things are headed South I fully believe that the Fed will literally try everything and take monetary policy to even more reckless limits rather than simply letting the cards fall as they may.