Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Value Funds: That's A Whole Lot Of Value Building Up

FYI: Value funds have trailed in 10-year performance their style counterparts in growth and core, which encompasses both growth and value stocks. They're also lagging their peers year to date.
Regards,
Ted
http://license.icopyright.net/user/viewFreeUse.act?fuid=MjA0MDMwMTc=

Enlarged Graphic:
http://news.investors.com/photopopup.aspx?path=webLV091015_1K.jpg&docId=770344&xmpSource=&width=1000&height=1063&caption=&id=770346

Comments

• Tell me about it. Except for Primecap, almost all my funds (and stock picks) are on the value side and trailing.
  • Hopefully you're not overweight emerging markets on top of that!
  • LLJB said:

Hopefully you're not overweight emerging markets on top of that!

that will recover the most

• Regarding Value, remember how they were shunned during dot com boom and what happened after.

Regarding Emerging Markets, I have a question. Simply too many "experts" have been pumping this category over the past month or so. If the dollar stays strong, i.e. "deflation", would this not be bad for emerging markets?
  • edited September 2015
    Hi VF,

I think a strong dollar will be headwinds for us stateside investors who are invested in emerging markets. As of my last Intsant Xray analysis I have about five percent of my equity allocation in emerging markets. I will need to see some upward price movement in this asset class before I add more to these positions. Currently, the two emerging market funds that I own are THDAX & NEWFX plus some other funds that have a small part of their portfolio invested in e/m. In review of my asset allocation funds, I am not finding where any of them have but token weightings to e/m.
  • Old_Skeet said:

Hi VF,

I think a strong dollar will be headwinds for us stateside investors who are invested in emerging markets. As of my last Intsant Xray analysis I have about five percent of my equity allocation in emerging markets. I will need to see some upward price movement in this asset class before I add more to these positions. Currently, the two emerging market funds that I own are THDAX & NEWFX plus some other funds that have a small part of their portfolio invested in e/m. In review of my asset allocation funds, I am not finding where any of them have but token weightings to e/m.

I got a smattering of WAEMX and SFGIX in taxable and GPGOX in IRA. I used to have some CEMVX but sold it some time back. I might peek in with Grandeur Peak some time.