Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gold: Is It Really Likely To Hit $5,000 An Ounce?

FYI: Warren Buffett famously counseled investors to ignore all forecasters. To demonstrate the wisdom of that advice, and with gold now having dropped below $1,100 an ounce, it’s an excellent time to turn our attention to Peter Schiff and his market predictions. A notorious doomsayer and regular guest of the financial media, Schiff’s forecasts often focus on gold prices.
Regards,
Ted
http://mutualfunds.com/news/2015/07/28/gold-is-it-really-likely-to-hit-5-000-an-ounce/

Comments

• I am confident gold will hit 5k an oz though I do not expect to be alive when that happens. Hopefully I will be around for gold at 2k which may happen within 8-10 years. This is NOT a prediction. I am actually planning to buy gold at $1050 and then average down bu not up from that level.Reason for 1050 is the large number who will buy at 1000.
  • edited August 2015
    Anyone listening to a gold bug or doom'er is setting themselves up for total investing failure