Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How To Play International Small Caps: Lewis Braham

TedTed
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
FYI: (Click On Article title At Top Of Google Search)

Why active management beats indexing when it comes to investing in international small-cap stocks.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=How+to+Play+International+Small+Caps+barron's

Comments

• Thanks, @LewisBraham and @Slick! I think I will add OSMAX to my collection.
  • edited August 2015
    @little5bee, You're welcome.:-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Any thoughts on OBIOX? Is it still a wild ride? I thought the manager had a very quantitative approach. Less bloated than OSMAX, but tons of turnover.
  • @Maurice

OSMAX is no load, NTF at Schwab. $2500 min in brokerage acct., $1000 min in IRA.

P.S. I love Eric Clapton!
  • @Maurice Have you read "Wonderful Tonight" by Pattie Boyd? Loved it.
  • The urgency and high drama have been there from the getgo, 49y ago;
    check 3:24ff:

or 26:50ff of the whole album (highly recommended):

The playing prior is also high-emotion, of course.

The chief thing EC developed after this, or refined anyway, is that absolutely unequaled phrasing, long-line, creamy, like a professional's big singing breath. All with tremendous, relaxed facility and technique.
  • For Wellstrade customers, OSMYX is available in retirement accounts for a $500 minimum.

Kevin
  • The KR book is pretty good if you have not read it.
  • edited August 2015
    Fidelity offers lots of A shares load-waived & NTF, including OSMAX. The ones that are LW & NTF are shown as such right below the name of the fund, at the top of the fund page, e.g., here.
  • Have to drop a fund if I wish to add another.