Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

U.S. Mutual Funds Not Bailing On China Stocks Yet

FYI: Some U.S. investors say China's efforts to prop up its stock market had the opposite effect, though the sell-off now offers buying opportunities at what they say are panic-driven prices.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/09/us-china-markets-insight-idUSKCN0PJ0F520150709

Comments

• It is premature to say whether buying opportunities have presented themselves until the dust has settle first. Interestingly, Matthews Asia funds have been very quite lately on their perspectives.
  • I wonder if Matthews has been affected by the ban on selling? I believe they have holdings that qualify.
  • Not sure if the ban applies to both A and H shares. Nevertheless six months holding period is excessive.
  • I thought Mathew mainly invest in H share for the Chinese allocation and very little exposure to A share except Mathew China fund
  • You are correct that most foreign investors can only invest through the H share.