Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Upside Reversal Day — Will The Momentum Continue?

FYI: S&P 500 futures were higher prior to the open this morning, but things quickly turned south once the market opened for trading. At its lows this morning, the S&P 500 was down 1.2%. But afternoon trading brought an upside reversal, and by the end of the day, the index closed higher by 0.61%.

So what might today’s upside reversal mean for trading in the coming days? Does the positive momentum seen into the close today continue into the days ahead?
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bespokepremium.com/think-big-blog/upsidereversal/

Comments

• I sure hope so....I'm tired of all this negativity.
  • Desota said:

I sure hope so....I'm tired of all this negativity.

Negativity? Frankly, I don't see that at all in term of market performance.

• edited July 2015
    Depends which markets you're looking at: GSCI -36.43% 1 Year

From Bloomberg: The S&P GSCI® is widely recognized as a leading measure of general price movements and inflation in the world economy. It provides investors with a reliable and publicly available benchmark for investment performance in the commodity markets.