Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: Time For A Fire Sale

FYI: Markets across the country have hit new all-time highs. The Nasdaq composite index, Dow Jones industrial average and Standard and Poor’s 500 stock index all hit prices in May that they never attained before. Markets in Japan, Europe and China have also reached multi-year highs.

The contrarian in me looks at all of these new highs and thinks, “Now is the time to start planning for when markets are less accommodating, more volatile — and for when something eventually goes wrong.”
Regards,
Ted
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2015/06/time-for-a-fire-drill/print/

Comments

• This one's gonna get shared on my Facebook page for broader consumption--- if the sheeple might perhaps maybe actually pay attention and learn.
  • I thought I read that cancelling old credit cards, even if unused, might shrink your total available credit and worsen your credit score. I think I'll keep them in their inactive or minimally active state. So long as I use them once a year and pay them off, I may be better off in terms of credit score.

Otherwise, it seemed he said, "The only thing you can control about a situation is your reaction to it." Therefore, anticipate a decline in your stock value. I've told my children that for years; just not about a decline in their stock values.

Doesn't seem all that insightful.