Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

w

edited April 2018 in Fund Discussions
w

Comments

• Hi Andy,

I own a foothold in WSCVX, but I prefer and use the TSP "S" fund (SC/MC fund, equivalent to FSEVX and similar to VXF) to cover my SC needs with a low expense ratio of 0.029%. If you need just SC, then my next choice would be VSTCX. If you must have a Walthausen fund, then you may want to consider WSVRX/WSVIX. I would not jump through hoops to find someone to gift you one share of WSCVX as I think that there are better ways to cover your SC needs.

Kevin
  • @kevindow you may be right, but I really want to establish a position in WSCVX. I would be willing to purchase it from you at a small mark up. I think WSVIX is a great fund too, but I have a bias towards managers who are good in the micro cap space. WSCVX purchases micro cap stocks (similar to John Walhausen's last fund PVFAX which was a real winner!). I think an excellent manager here has the chance to add tremendous value to shareholders over time. Nearly 90% of the investable universe is in the small/micro cap space.
  • Hi, andiel049,

My two sons and I all own WSCVX in our Roths, and since we are all under 59 1/2, we can't help you, but I would like to know how the whole transfer process works. Maybe if you can explain it, you would get an offer. I think some people would be concerned about security, getting repaid, etc.