Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Goldman's entire outlook for markets and the economy in one slide

Goldman's chief equity strategist David Kostin provides the following slide to sum up the firm's outlook for the major global markets in 2015 and beyond:

businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-global-macro-forecasts-2015-4

Comments

• edited April 2015
    @rjb112

Based upon their currency forecast, still time for one to purchase their favorite Japan or Europe hedged etf, eh?

Well, we'll see how GS does with their forecast. I recall they and a few others who projected the the 10 year note would already be at a +4% and more yield from a few years ago.

Catch
  • I feel like I read something recently about what GS was good at predicting and what they weren't but I can't remember what it was or where it was. Does anyone know whether there's any reason to believe these guys might be close?
  • @catch22, yes, plenty of time...head over to Wisdom Tree and choose your investment...
    Yes, looks like very few have called the bond market correctly........
    +++++++++++++++
    @LLJB, don't know their record.
    I do recall that their chief investment strategist was the darling of Wall Street until she botched her call on the US equities market at the beginning of 2000. I saw the show on Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street Week. The call in Jan 2000 was for "supertanker USA" to keep steaming ahead. Worked out well for about 2 1/2 months..........then, well....you know what happened....
  • Bank of Japan and target inflation not likely to happen.
    This has been discussed here, wondering how the plain and simple QE could or would help the CPI rate in Japan; especially with adding a consumer tax after the last round of QE........a duh??? is my thought. Folks need to have the money to spend if a government wants spending to increase inflation; but taxation won't do it, eh?

Anyway, anothers opinion in the article "thinks" the yen will devalue further.

Article link