Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• A lot of these multi asset income funds have started up recently.
  • The real news to me is Eventide itself. Has been riding Healthcare and small caps to hefty gains. Almost seems like mini version of Janus of the 90s. Time will tell if it is competence or just happened to hit the sweet spot. I'm assuming it is the latter and passing. If M* says something good about them, that would really seal the deal.
  • The manger has very strong science background, so far the performance for both existing funds are excellent.
  • DavidMMP said:

The manger has very strong science background, so far the perfoormance for both existing funds are excellent.

We do know every fund manager in the dot com boom had a technology background right?:)

I'm just saying the odds are against the manager translating his science genius to global/macro/asset/income investing. Now if they are hiring new manager we might have something to talk about.
  • Can not argue with you and lived through the dot.com period. I still invest in tech and bio lands with moderate allocation, but this manager has done well in the short term.
  • edited April 2015
    I'm a believer ! A Vision.A Divine Perspective
    Founded in 2008 with a vision to offer high performance values-based mutual funds to individuals, financial advisors, and institutions, Eventide has become a leader in faith-based and socially responsible investing. Eventide is the Advisor to the Eventide Gilead Fund and the Eventide Healthcare & Life Sciences Fund, and manages more than $1.2 billion in net assets.
    http://eventidefunds.com/about-us/ (Reaganesque) Shining light on a hill !
    Join us, therefore, as we continue to explore God’s intent for business, including the ways in which a divine perspective challenges many prevalent notions about business purpose and practice.
    http://eventidefunds.com/faith-and-business/

I own ETNHX in an I R A @ Schwab