Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

7 Muni-Bond ETFs That Stay On Track

FYI: Whether yields are 2% or 7%, investors will keep buying municipal bonds.
Except one major hurdle for ETF providers has been that muni-bond indexes are not always dynamic enough for the ETF to track. Because pricing mechanisms for some municipals can be difficult, especially if issues are small and thinly traded, investors must trust that prices reasonably reflect reality. This inefficiency can lead to drift from published NAV or premiums and discounts.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-muni-bond-etfs-that-stay-on-track-2015-04-04/print

Comments

• The municipals prefunded by treasuries would seem to be a conservative approach, it is something I am looking into. Would be interested in any comments from readers if they have PRB or something similar to it in a mutual fund. I am in municipal fund now that is long so I want to shorten duration with a short term fund or etf and something conservative oriented.