Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hitting the Trail.

edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
I will be gone from the forum for the next four weeks traveling. (Edited)

I will check in from time to time just to keep up to date and mark all viewed the threads that have piled up.

24 hours from now my travel starts. First stop, Tokyo.

Successful investing to all.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi John,

I wish you well during your travels ... and, we will keep a light on for you while you are away.

Gee, I'm thinking, why would you being away please some? From my perspective I think you are well liked by most.

Old_Skeet
  • i could be wrong. It's hard to sense these things on the webs, just like sarcasm.

Thanks for the well wishes @Old_Skeet.
  • @JohnChisum, I hope you have a great and safe trip. Like Old_Skeet, I'll be looking forward to your return.

LLJB
  • edited March 2015
    Have a good time on your trip.:)

Four weeks is a long time - how many stops/where?
  • @John Chisum: "Four Weeks", by then I'll have at least 275 links for you to read. Have a safe and productive trip.
    regards,
    Ted
  • Hi John,

Happy trails! Oops, that's more properly addresses to Gene Autry.

Regardless, many Happy Trails to you too. Be both save and smart.

Best Wishes.
  • TedTed
    edited March 2015
    @ Your are real asset to the MFO Discussion Board, but when it comes to cowboys I not so sure. "Happy trails! Oops, that's more properly addresses to Gene Autry." No, more properly addressed to Roy Rogers.
    Regards,
    Ted

• MJG
    edited March 2015
    Hi Ted,

You got it right. I was wrong. Note the past tense verb since you properly corrected me. I'm somewhat preoccupied with my Pi Day celebration.

Best Wishes.
  • @scott, Tokyo then Seattle and then Oregon. On the way back we will spend an extra day in Manila at Resorts World. No gambling but lots of shopping, both window and actual.
  • Yes it was Roy Rogers indeed, although Gene Autry did sing as well.

It was a very sad day in 1970 when all the networks decided to cancel all the television westerns.

@Ted, I would have thought many more links than that but I have been told my math is lacking. ;-). On these stateside trips I take care of my food urges. One of those is a good Chicago style hot dog. Can't beat them.
  • Have a great time on the road, JohnChisum.
  • Have a safe and fun travel. Looking forward to hear about your adventure afterward.
  • Thanks to all.
  • @JohnChisum
    Sure you will enjoy the trip and be refreshed to help with the investing decisions ahead.
    I've traveled the Tokyo-Seattle ride before. Quite the long ride....eh?
    Take care,
    Catch
  • Yep it is a journey all right but the airline we fly (ANA) uses the Dreamliner which is fast, under nine hours flying east.
  • edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a unlocked iPhone so I will check in when wireless is available.
  • Hi John- safe trip & have a great time!

OJ
  • John,

Safe and enjoyable travels.

Best Regards,

Mona
  • This would be the Chisholm Trail, right?
  • edited March 2015
    John - Have a good trip. See you on the other side.
  • John peaceful and fun trip.
  • Already in Manila. Overnight here and then the long flights tomorrow. Time for some food. Thanks for the well wishes.
  • Have a great trip John. Be safe.
  • Well, if you got to Manila OK that means that your ferry didn't capsize. That's probably a good omen. Stay safe!