Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Tony February 2015
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Some fund sector(s) charts are more visually interesting than others SPY v EDV v XLE

edited February 2015 in Fund Discussions
We, at this house; use the visuals of charting to help us better understand what we think is taking place from verbal or written commentaries, which help form intuitive considerations for investment directions.

Personally, aside from any data obtained using charting that reflects moving averages pricing, relative strength; and the other 1,000 points of interest for hardcore charting folks, my brain "enjoys" and has better investing results from the plain and simple visuals of charts. I need all of the help I may find with investing.

Some charts are more visually interesting than others, due to the relationship of some market sectors; relative to one another. You may find the below linked chart of visual interest, too; among these 3 market sectors.

Chart of SPY v EDV v XLE 200 day period.

Lastly, the spread; as of Jan 30 between the percentage return of EDV and XLE is 58.74.

Now, more coffee before the winter storm hits to keep me busy with other things I would rather not be doing late tonight and Monday morning. I just "heart" winter weather.:)

Enjoy,
Catch

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Catch, I also use charts, but I think we are in a small minority. Before buying or selling a security, I always look at its price chart, along with my favorite technical indicators and overlays. Even some different ways that price can be be plotted on stockcharts.com - line, Elder Impulse, and Heikin-Ashi - provide insight.