Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RNCOX no longer closed?

edited January 2015 in Fund Discussions
I was just rebalancing some things and almost bought RNCOX due to a typo. I thought it was closed? I'm in a TIAA-CREF self-directed brokerage window inside a Roth account.

It and RiverNorth pique my interest, but it doesn't really fit into my overall Asset Allocation right now. I guess I could buy it since it's unexpectedly available and then redesign, but probably not worth it.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's a fair point. That account ends up mostly holding ARTGX and RNDLX and I'm happy with my allocation except for debating whether RNDLX is too conservative, or if thats the point of having a bond fund. I was mostly just surprised when they were about to allow me to execute the order. Even the RiverNorth website says it's closed to new investors.
  • They could always cancel next day before execution
  • Don't know if its closed or not, but opening new accounts with RiverNorth is a hassle. They don't accept new accounts directly anymore, and the firm they've given that piece of business to is highly nonresponsive.

Buying their funds through a broker may be a different matter, however. But otherwise, I'm pretty disappointed in the firm.
  • TedTed
    edited January 2015
    @MFO Members: RNCOX is a very expensive, 2.22% ER , Fund Of Funds that can't beat the S&P 500. My suggestion , take a pass.
    Regards,
    Ted

Fact Sheet RNCOX:
    http://assets.rivernorth.com/pdf/fact.sheet/2014.q4.rncix.rncox.fact.sheet.cedar.pdf