Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Commodity Funds CFD and CTF Propose Plan To Convert To ETF Structure

FYI: Funds to seek shareholder approval for structure change that seeks a closer alignment between market price and net asset value.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/commodity-funds-cfd-and-ctf-propose-plan-to-convert-to-etf-structure-2014-12-19/print

Comments

• edited December 2014
    These are so-so commodity futures CEFs whose discount just kept getting wider and wider until it was something like 20+%.

There was a seekingalpha article about going activist not that long ago on these two funds, although that article said they should just be merged with the mutual fund by the same advisors (NGSAX.) Given the lack of interest in the CEFs, those who own (I did when they first came out, glad I sold not that long after) will likely be happy to get something back and then when they flip to ETFs they'll just be liquidated eventually for lack of interest, I'd guess.

The mutual fund by the same advisors has $7M in AUM.
  • interesting. they will still remain structured as partnerships, not Act'40 mutual funds, due to their underlying commodity investments.