Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

An Early Line On The M* Domestic Stock Fund Manager Of The Year

FYI: These managers could be among those considered for the 2014 award.
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=669940

Comments

• I used to wait for these lists, then buy the funds. Boy, was I stupid.
  • Vanguard (not the best payed managers) and Primecap dominate the list....note!
  • And most of those Vanguard funds are sub-advised by Primecap. I think Primecap has every fund, or possibly missing one, that they manage on this list. Its really amazing and I'm very happy that I invested in POAGX a few years ago. The performance has been outstanding and even though its more volatile than other funds it always ends up at the top of the list. I wish I had bought one or more of the Vanguard funds before they closed but those large cap funds just weren't on my radar back then and to some degree they still aren't. But I keep track of these funds because if and when they ever open again I'll be sure to stick my foot in the door.
  • In most cases, the only thing this does is provide positive publicity for the fund managers and marketing material for the companies. It is truly meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but it is one more way for M* to hoodwink people into believing it has all the answers.
  • @BobC: I agree, and I think its time for Richie Freeman to get the award again.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @BobC, M* does have all the answers. Every single one of them. They argue every side of every question, they contradict each other, they have one rule for one situation and different rules for another situation. Amazingly, they're always right too! :)