Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe: Does The Stock Market Have You Frozen With Fear ? That's OK

FYI: You typically can’t see complacency without looking in the rear-view mirror.
So when investors get closer to year’s end and look back on the last few weeks of market action, the question is what they will see in hindsight.
Chances are, whatever happens with the market will be less impactful on their future than how they react — or don’t — to what has been going on.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-the-stock-market-have-you-frozen-with-fear-thats-ok-2014-10-24/print

Comments

• Buy and hold forever Chuck. He would have you all in even if it meant a nervous breakdown.

An old scratched record.
  • @John Chisum: You mean your not all in. Then get off the porch and hunt with the big dogs.
  • Ahhhh, the "Big Dogs" again. ARIVX at 74% cash, YACKX at 17% cash; but AKREX under 2% cash. Tough call, but I'll keep rockin' on the porch for a bit. Looks like a traders' market to me.
    May make a small index US stock play in November, since I think the market will bounce if the Republicans take the Senate (good for me; bad for my children - my wife only bred Democrats).