Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bill Gross told Rival Gundlach: 'I am Kobe, You are LeBron'

TedTed
edited October 2014 in Fund Discussions
FYI: that's a line from a reputed mid-September face-to-face meeting between the two.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• Man...

I thought Hollywood had a lot of gossip.

Maybe David's Kardashian reference is more fitting than it is jest.
  • That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. I thought Gross was “a 70-year-old Justin Bieber.” (http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveschaefer/2014/06/19/pimcos-bill-gross-in-his-own-words-im-a-70-year-old-justin-bieber/)

• Good grief.
  • I guess Bill Gross hasn't seen Kobe play lately. (He hasn't played)
  • Maybe Bill Gross wants to do celebrity endorsements (like Koby and Lebron). He does yoga and could endorse for LuluLemon.
  • edited October 2014
    Very classy Bill and even classier of Gundlach to tell the press about it. Worth a good laugh though. The next line was (according to what Reuters says Gundlach said that Bill told him):

"I have five rings, you have two rings - probably going to five,” a reference to the number of NBA championships the two players have each won.

and one more line from Gundlach:

"I did think there could be some kind of 'Dream Team' concept," Gundlach said.

Slick Bill

• Can you imagine the bloat of natural gas if these two egos actually merged efforts? The egos alone would fill the LA Coliseum to overflowing.
  • MOZART325 said:

Maybe Bill Gross wants to do celebrity endorsements (like Koby and Lebron). He does yoga and could endorse for LuluLemon.

Great, thanks. Now I have an image of Gross wearing "defective" yoga pants seered into my mind...
  • "Can you imagine the bloat of natural gas if these two egos actually merged efforts? The egos alone would fill the LA Coliseum to overflowing."

The financial media would have gone bonkers. No more dull news days.