Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

safe haven?

Comments

• I plan to stay diversified but I have gone conservative this year going from 80/20 stocks and fixed income to 65/35 at the moment. If the situation gets dire I may shift more to fixed.
  • My Portfolio Is 55% Stocks - 33% Bonds - 12% Cash
  • A bit more conservative this year: 50% stock (20% EM), 30% bond, 20% cash.
  • Couldn't read the article. It says not available. But I'm sitting here at about 90% in cash for the last couple weeks, all because I'm in the middle of a 401k to IRA roll-over. Perfect time for me if the market decides to correct. I've been conservative at about 40-50% equities the last couple years.

I have my new fund portfolio set up on paper and I plan to invest again with an aim of 50-60% equities by October with a tilt towards balance/allocation fund managers and large caps. I'll sprinkle in maybe end-of- (bull market) cycle sectors like technology and energy for alpha.
  • @MikeM, I wish Bill Gross spent more time managing Pimco' funds instead being a spoke person. His view has became less relevant in my investing world.

Good luck with your rollover IRA and the new position. Having a detailed plan is so important for the execution. Let's hope this geopolitical conflicts resolve positively . Certainly this offers great opportunity for your entry points.