Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Charlie Munger On Investment Concertration Versus Diversification

FYI: Charlie’s advice to other people on investing is very different depending on the nature of the investor.
Regards,
Ted
http://25iq.com/2013/01/16/charlie-munger-on-investment-concentration-versus-diversification/

Comments

• Too bad MJG isn't here to read Munger's comments re academic financial types. Pretty funny.
  • I have always enjoyed Charlie Munger's insights. Thanks for that.
  • edited July 2014
    Yes, he and Warren must make quite a pair after they've had a few drinks...

John- Hey, I was thinking about you earlier today- you survived another one, glad to see.
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks for the concern. Yea this one was to the north of us. We had some blustery conditions and heavy rain on Tuesday here. The power utility cut power late in the morning till supper.

Manila is a mess. Well, it was a mess before the storm. What is amazing is the amount of garbage that ends up in Manila Bay. I saw it one time from my hotel room on Roxas Blvd. unbelievable.
  • again ted, thanx for the great info & link. i especially enjoyed this one! indefatiguable as always.
  • Glad you're OK, JohnChisum.
    Funny: "My next post will be: 'Charlie Munger on the Importance of Consistently
    not being Stupid.'”