Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Where is Ted?

Used to seeing his links this time of the day. He didn't post yesterday either.

Hopefully he is well?

Comments

• Yes, hopefully he is well.
  • Agreed. Perhaps he is taking an early July vacation?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • :-)
    :-)
    I like subtlety.
  • TedTed
    edited July 2014
    MFO Members: Two heavy storms hit the Chicago Southern Suburbs last Monday night, leaving me without power for some 70 hours. On top of that my cable, phone, and internet service wasn't restored until 1:30PM this afternoon. I will be back-up linking on Monday, or sooner if I find something of interest.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited July 2014
    Good to know you are otherwise AoK.
  • edited July 2014
    Hey, Thanks Ted for letting us know what was going on. For the very reason that you have stated I run standby generation that draws its fuel from my utilities natural gas line. I use to have one that ran on gasoline and it was a pain hunting gas for it in major power outages. It is a 17k system and runs everything in the house except the cloths dryer and stove. I have had it now for about ten years and I have found it to be money well spent as I live in an old historic neighborhood with the power lines above ground and usually have to use it several times a year. Glad to learn you are ok.

Old_Skeet
  • Great to know you are fine Ted.
  • Howdy Professor,

First thing I did back in 10 with a wee bit of retirement savings was to buy a 17K hardwired generator. Still mulling a dish because of lacking internet alternatives to cable. Smartphones have bridged a lot of gaps. Eventually, it will become more and more easy to have built in redundancy in our critical needs.

take care of yourself,

peace,

rono
  • Hey, Ted. That stinks, but glad you're back up and running. Thanks.
  • edited July 2014
    glad you are ok sir. happy belated 4th july
  • edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Damn and I'm in the Will :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • And btw, Ted -- just trying to get to know you a little bit -- Cubs or White Sox?
  • Ted, glad to see you are doing fine. In Oregon we have frequent power outage even though the power grid was recently updated. Once we stayed in a hotel when the outage lasted over 48 hours in the winter.