Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hennessy Equity Income Fund (HEIFX)

I Would Appreciate Any Opinions About The HEIFX Fund - I Am Considering Buying It Because According To Morningstar It Is a Low Risk Moderate Allocation Fund, With Decent Performance.

Comments

• High ER and the yield is low....
  • Went with GAINX the other day as an equity income fund.
  • If you are looking at a moderate allocation fund, I prefer FPACX and OAKBX. Some here also like PRWCX. GAINX does not have bonds. Whether adding bonds to your portfolio is prudent, is a different question. If you are looking only for a stock fund oriented towards dividend-income, take a look at ETFs like HDV or VIG. I have bought HDV almost three years back and have added every year. So far so good.
    I have been tempted to buy individual dividend-stocks, but low expenses of HDV (0.14%) are attractive.