Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Aston-River Road

What's going on here? Just received proxy vote that if passed agreement between the two would end.

Comments

• @brbrock: If I'm reading this correctly, it appears that AMG (the same group that now has controlling interest in YAFFX) will take over. No fund Management changes will take place.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi brbrock & BrianW.

From David's April commentary:

• Thank you. Something I missed.
  • I think that another of AMG's "strategic partners" is Aston Asset Management, which of course has a number of subadvisory relationships with River Road Asset Management. Interesting, since controlling owners conventionally take a profit share from their business(es), no?

"And just how many scoops of ice cream do you want on your ARIVX fund cone?," asks the soda jerk.
    "Oh my goodness, I'll have 2!," exclaims AMG. "One scoop of Aston Cherry Pistachio (our cut from fund administration fees) and one scoop of River Road Double Chocolate Almond (our cut from fund portfolio management fees)."