Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

timing of our May 2014 issue

Hi, guys.

Before anyone decides to post snarky demands for the May issue, I'll let you know that it won't be posted until this evening. I closed on a new (smaller, older, but quite tidy) house yesterday; the whole process has been physically and emotionally taxing, which has thrown my pace off. In addition, two sets of fund representatives were behaving badly which caused us to have to yank two stories at the last minute. I've got six hours of teaching today, an interview with Chuck Jaffe at noon and my son's ballgame tonight. Somewhere in there we'll patch the two holes as best we can and strive for some degree of literacy and coherence.

For what interest it holds,

David

Comments

• Sorry to hear that the managers were being a hassle. It certainly sounds like a very full day. Thank you for all that you do and for the heads up.

Cheers,
    Jesse
  • Congrats on the new house. Thanks for the warning. Your work is truly appreciated.
  • David, the ball game is way more important. FWIW I don't recall you making any deadline promises when you started this journey so I've just come to expect you when you get here. Coffee is always on and/or the bar is always open if you prefer. Have a good day.
  • Yes David, thanks for all that you do!
  • edited May 2014
    Sounds like you have your priorities right.
  • Funds exist solely to enable us to go to baseball games, IMHO.

Thanks for all the hard work and congrats on the house.
  • sounds like one of your lighter days David :) Congrats on your house and on keeping your priorities in the right place. We appreciate your work whenever it gets done.
  • Hi David, please take care of yourself and your family first and don't worry about us!
  • Well, I am willing to grant you a 5-day extension; but if the grand opus is not in my drop box by Monday noon--- in fairness to the other students who did manage to submit their work by the self-imposed deadline (ya know... all 25% of them)--- then I may have to start deducting some points.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them…well, I have others." – Groucho Marx
  • David, There is no need to apologize or be accountable to artificially imposed timelines by any of us heere. Many of us have regular day jobs and have other family commitments. Your dedication to providing regular monthly commentaries is truly appreciated.
  • David-

I have the downsizing thing on my to do list also. Totally understand the stress of closings, regular jobs and ,yes, fund managers!

Thanks again for all you do for the mutual fund investor.

MarkM
  • +1 on all of the above!
  • David- cut yourself some slack. MFO is a self-assigned chore, not your primary job. Don't let it become so demanding that you begin to wonder if it's worth it!

Take care- OJ