Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Thanks Ted for this link. Though many companies have international exposure, I firmly believe in have a decent portion of the equity allocation dedicated to international companies. 30-40% would be my option. I currently have 37% international.

I'm interested to hear what others have.
  • edited April 2014
    I assumed a 30% allocation was good, but am aiming at 40% because the US is relatively pricey. (I also consider myself ill-informed on this matter)
  • edited April 2014
    I'm a little over 35% overall according to M*. 25% of IRA is in DODWX, 15% in GPROX, 10% in MAPIX. I let those fine people make the specific allocation calls. 30% of 401(k) is in VDMIX, or whatever they changed it to. Also whatever int. bonds are in DODIX.

If memory serves, 25-30% is the diversification "free lunch zone." Someone else probably knows better.
  • edited April 2014
    This house is 45%, up from 35% last year on valuation. About a third of the 45% is U.S.-dollar hedged. I like the company, country, and culture diversification a lot; the currency risk, not as much.
  • About 36% here.
  • Does Anyone Know Of a Balanced Mutual Fund With All International Stocks & Bonds?
  • My core portfolio maintains 40% developed international and 10% EM at all times. Use the play money portfolio to hedge at times with leveraged funds or country funds. For example, currently 2x short positions in S&P 500 and Small cap and China, long Australia and Italy.
  • I've put my stock money into global funds and let them decide the percentages. Right now it's around 60% foreign.
  • 36.1% of portf. is developed foreign. 22.7% is global EM.