Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Best Financial Advice I Ever Got (or Gave)

MJG
edited December 2013 in Fund Discussions
Hi Guys,

Here is a Link to a nice weekend article in the WSJ titled “The Best Financial Advice I Ever Got (or Gave)”:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304244904579276963442898436

The article summarizes wisdom from 22 successful investors, professors, market researchers, and business giants. I believe there is something of value in this year-end piece for everyone who participates in the MFO forum.

I particularly liked the advice offered by Morningstar’s Joe Mansueto. We all are victims of some behavioral bias influences, and Mansueto’s perspectives serve as a Confirmatory bias to my own investment philosophy, preferences, and prejudices.

Enjoy the article.

Best Regards and Happy New Year.

Comments

• Dear MJD: To read article you need a subscription to WSJ. Therefore, your only choice is to use Google.
    Regards,,
    Ted
  • Reply to @Ted:

Hi Ted,

Thanks. I didn't realize that the article had restricted access.

Nest Wishes.
  • Google the title of the article and use the link to WSJ from the search results. Most WSJ articles are readable this way