Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fed Up With Fidelity

2»

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Reply to @bilvihur: I don't think Ted or anyone else is trying to shut the thread down. Wail-on if you like. The point is "screw-ups" occur even with the best of outfits. I find tremendous difference in the quality of service every time I call T. Rowe Price. They have investor service centers spread across the country, including in Tampa, Boulder and Maryland. There are notable differences in the quality of service one receives at any given time.

I've run away from half-dozen fund companies over the past 25 years - including the corrupt Strong Funds and the inept Hussman. I left American Century abruptly after determining that their reps hadn't been completely honest with me about their newly implemented load structure and how it would impact my ability to buy and sell funds going forward. For the six I left, there's probably an equal number I didn't flee - despite being severely tested.

Like Ted, I suppose, I don't understand what you're trying to gain by enumerating the deficiencies you've encountered at Fidelity. Venting is beneficial to a point. But after several days it wears thin.
    May I suggest that if your intent is to remain with this company you insist on being heard by upper management - be it by phone, in-person, e-mail or whatever? The promptness and manner in which they respond should go a long way in helping you determine whether or not this is a company you can trust to serve you well going forward. Regards

• After losing my hair dealing with financial intermediaterys of all sorts, I have learnt to not get stressed. You can always take your business elsewhere, but the same joker from Fido will join that brokerage and give you grief.

You really have no control but to chose lesser evil or stop using them altogether.

'Tis the season to be jolly, Tra-la-la la-la......aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!
  • Every broker has some issues every now and then.

The less frequent your transaction is, the more manual steps are required the more likely that it will be dropped somewhere. Allow some time and follow up your business by setting up yourself reminders in your calendar.

Having said that I have been a very satisfied Fidelity customer for over a decade now.