Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Exxon vs. VDE

I have a small investment of 3K in VDE (so far its been good. I'm up 24%). My plan is/was to hold it for the next 20 years or so. My question to all of you is, would you rather hold Exxon or VDE at this point in time? Basically...if someone gave you 3K tomorrow to buy & hold for the long term, which would you choose between the two...and those two only please.
Thanks

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Why not just buy shares of BRK.B?
  • edited November 2013
    agian....it's 3k that I wanted to take and put in the energy sector for long term. I have plenty of other funds and have a diverified port etc... It's just a little extra money set aside for just that....energy. Sorry I didn't make that clear when I said those two only:)
  • I'd stick with VDE for the long-term so you have the diversification. Besides, XOM makes up ~21% of the ETF so you're getting a decent amount of exposure right there.