Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Companies Start Lining Up Floating-Rate Treasury ETFs

Comments

• We have cautioned clients for a while now about these bonds. The lemming herds are gobbling the bonds up. Just wait until we have a credit crunch, and you will see a lot of surprised investors who thought these were 'safe'. Much smarter to use a flexible bond fund that can go anywhere.
  • Reply to @BobC: Bob, people cannot yet gobble these up (Floating rate Treasury bonds) because they do not yet exist. Treasury will start issuing these at the end of January, 2014. I think you are confusing with Floaring Rate Bank Loans or Floating Rate Corporate debt.
  • Reply to @Investor: You are so right, Investor. I wrote before I engaged my brain. And I misread the line anyway, assuming it was about regular floating rate corporates. Sometimes my senior moments come all at once.