Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Record-High Stocks No Worry, Says Goldman's Cohen

Comments

• I'm still bullish, but... has Abby Cohen ever said to worry? That's not a rhetorical question, I genuinely don't know the answer.
  • "has Abby Cohen ever said to worry? "

That would be a no.
  • Per Wikipedia:

In December 2007 Abby Joseph Cohen predicted the S&P 500 index would reach 1,675 in 2008. The S&P 500 traded as low as 741.02 by November 2008, 55% below her prediction.

On March 8, 2008 Goldman Sachs announced that Abby Joseph Cohen was being replaced by David Kostin as the bank's chief forecaster.

But she means well...
  • edited November 2013
    Reply to @bilvihur: it's funny that you had to go to Wiki for something many of us remember pretty well here.
  • edited November 2013
    She would sell you her soul for a price.... if she had one. These older ladies (i.e. Yellen) are like wolves in sheeps clothing.

My favorite was Meredith Whitney causing a mad rush out of muni's on "60 Minutes" . The pearls add a nice touch.
  • Reply to @fundalarm: I remember it also, but I wanted to use the actual numbers rather than say Cohen's predictions were garbage in 2008. I take them with many grains of salt in 2013 too!