Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Retail casts away doubts on equities • 8:51 AM From Seeking Alpha

"I don't want to miss out." a Los Angeles real estate appraiser said in a note to his financial adviser last week after seeing one pundit up his DJIA forecast to 20K.
    "Frankly, from 2009 until recently, I wanted to stay very conservative," says a technology sales manager. "I want to get more aggressive."
    A Houston attorney and stock market skeptic was turned by her Schwab statement showing YTD gains of nearly 20%. She's planning on set aside more of her paycheck for stocks. "Sometimes you feel like it's too late. But it's probably never too late."

Inflows of $8.9B into long-only equity funds last week were the largest amount since March 2000. This follows October inflows into stock funds that were the 3rd largest on record.
  • "Be fearful when others are greedy."
  • When there are no doubts, time to worry. Of course I always worry.
  • Reply to @ron: There are still many who have doubts, and that's why the market could continue to churn upwards..."climbing the wall of worry".

I can't even count how many articles "warning" of a strong correction were posted this past week. Lots of worry out there.