Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

EVBAX: up Friday on down bonds?

edited June 2013 in Fund Discussions
new fund EVBAX was up on Friday....u think she is short bond market?

Comments

• I recently took a position in EVBIX (Institutional Class of EVBAX) for just this reason: for a bond fund, EVBIX seems not to respond very adversely to rising interest rates. In fact, for some periods recently there has been a negative correlation between fund share price and intermediate bond prices. All I can figure out is that she has possibly bought up a lot of undervalued bonds which are rising in value despite the increase in rates, and also some of the portfolio is in bank loans and other non-interest rate sensitive issues. I am hoping that with a relatively clean slate and an acknowledgment of the likelhood that rates may rise she is positioning the fund so as not to be very sensitive to interest rates.

Joe
  • thanks man