Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FQ GLOBAL ESSENTALS FUND (mmasx)

edited January 2013 in Fund Discussions
i purchased this fund last year, i am getting worried about keeping it going forward because of its large bond holdings. i also have 2 other risk parity funds. aqrix and abrix. any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• I own a risk parity fund as a supporting player - you definitely do not need three somewhat different versions of this strategy. I'd keep a moderate position in one and drop the other two.
  • I follow four RP funds -- MMAFX/MMASX, PDRYX, ABRIX and AQRIX -- and AQRIX has been floating to the top. After reviewing my portfolio, I decided that I only needed one RP fund, so I recently sold ABRIX down to a foothold and increased my AQRIX position up to 5%. I continue to like the performance of AQRIX over the new AQR RP funds, QRHIX and QRMIX, as shown HERE.

Kevin