Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Could you please guide me as a newbie?

Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection!

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in education and feel I could help with documentation, at least for starters.

As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also in what category should be taken depends on what factors?

Comments

• edited July 23
    New poster, welcome!
    There are several areas of the MFO Website:
    Discussions - Funds (OEFs, ETFs, CEFs) related
    Other Investing - Non-funds related and general strategies
    Off-topic - With little or no relations to investments, or investment topics of less general interest. It has a very limited audience and a general reader of MFO doesn't even see this forum. This is where you posted and I just happened to see it.
    Coding & Documentation - I am tagging @David-Snowball and @Charles. They can tell you more about coding help needed. I also feel that documentation at MFO and MFO Premium could be better, or more current.
  • edited July 23
    Welcome. There aren’t many rules here. Yogi summed it up pretty well. We strive to be civil and supportive of one another. There is a link over on the main board’s menu (left edge) for “Technical Questions.” However, in most cases just post your question here in the OT section and any one of us will be glad to assist.

Yogi is correct that the OT section receives little notice. You can tell from the few posts here that it leans toward the political. In so doing it helps keep political bickering away from the main investment forum and the much more important function there of providing investment advice, information, commentary, learning.

The board is focused on mutual funds as the name implies, but is not limited to only that aspect of investing. Certainly ETFs and CEFs have an important role. So do market moving events such as Federal Reserve rate decisions. A new thread can be started at will. It’s pretty intuitive. New threads rise to the top of the stack. You can also insert comments, questions, insights, etc. into any of the existing threads. That too will bump the thread to the top.

Best wishes.