Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump Guilty of 34 counts.

edited May 30 in Off-Topic
ABC

My first thought is the judge should bar him from holding public office. What say you?

Comments

• Well, that would be perfect, but I'm not sure that he can do that.
  • edited May 30
    GUILTY -- He lives by "if you lie over and over and over again people will start to believe you" Everything is rigged. Everyone hates him. Good GOP people who see what he is and are against him are rhinos. Someone who says our military members are suckers and losers. Someone who makes fun of disabled people. Someone who tries to bully everyone and calls everyone names. Someone who attacks everyone against him including their families. Now a felon. Can we please get rid of him now and move on. I think he'll hang around until after he loses the election and then be convicted in the documents trial and go to jail.
  • edited May 30
    Birds of a feather:

Trump: Felon
    Campaign chair: Felon
    Deputy campaign chair: Felon
    Personal lawyer: Felon
    Chief strategist: Felon
    Natl Sec Advisor: Felon
    Trade Advisor: Felon
    Foreign policy advisor: Felon
    Campaign fixer: Felon
    Company CFO: Felon
  • Speaking of felons, I always wondered how his son-in-law, Jared, was allowed to "do business" with foreign interests...while also responsible for diplomacy. Kushner received a $2B investment from a Saudi prince just after Trump left office. He's clean? LOL. He deserves the Hunter treatment.
  • edited May 31
    Trump has managed to evade the consequences of his actions seemingly forever.
    I'm glad to hear his long-running streak may be coming to an end.
    Trump for the BIG HOUSE!
  • "A MAN OF CONVICTION"....

NYer-Trump" />

• edited May 31
    One thing Mr. Gundlach mentioned in my investment related video post was that a reason insurance rates have spiked is that there’s more “lawlessness” in the country leading to more accidents and other casualty claims. And it’s hard to argue with that perception when a former President and current candidate for office repeatedly condemns and attacks our judicial system and those who endeavor to see “that the laws be faithfully executed.”

I can only imagine how much more lawless our society will become if he takes office and pardons himself, his friends, family members and the thugs who trashed the capitol. Afraid it’s going to be really ugly. Don’t have a fender-bender because the other party may pull a gun on you. This is one reason I’ve moved some investments to foreign countries. Without the rule of law your stock certificate, pension payment, FDIC insured bank account, or even your deed to property, is just a worthless note scribbled on a worthless piece of paper.
  • A picture paints a thousand words. @hank and @JD_co, thanks for the images. I laughed out loud at both.