Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

SIGIX and DODEX

Considering adding assets to SIGIX, (have invested with them since inception), but am also considering DODEX. DODEX has a short existence, but the Dodge & Cox team is very deep and has a lower ER. SIGIX does have a better track record, but both funds have lower Price/Earnings and Price/Cash Flow ratios relative to domestic funds and ETFs. Interested in your comments or thoughts? -

Comments

• edited October 2023
    DODEX was discussed in the following MFO thread.
    Devesh Shah had a conversation with Andrew Foster @ Seafarer Funds several months ago.
  • edited October 2023

+1

D&C is a fine house. Low fees for actively managed funds. I was there (no longer am) about 20 years. Always felt like they were a bit more aggressive on their equity investments than some, which paid off handsomely if you had the patience to hang in there. Just an unscientific impression. Privately held (I like) and a history dating back to the 1930s.
  • edited October 2023
    hank said:

+1

D&C is a fine house. Low fees for actively managed funds. I was there (no longer am) about 20 years. Always felt like they were a bit more aggressive on their equity investments than some, which paid off handsomely if you had the patience to hang in there. Just an unscientific impression. Privately held (I like) and a history dating back to the 1930s.
    I also like D&C for many of the reasons you state.
    1) Privately held
    2) Low expense ratios for active funds (right out of the gate)
    3) Team-managed
    4) Managers and analysts are long-tenured
    5) Never created mutual funds to take advantage of latest investments fads - manage only 7 distinct funds
  • Thanks to all of you for your comments, I am in DODWX and have been happy, will continue with SIGIX and probably add a small position in DODEX, thanks again for your comments