Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Whatever happened to John N?

Former very active contributor here. Missing of late.

Comments

• I see @JohnN posting more at X/Twitter.

In general, postings on various discussion boards are down significantly.
  • Curious @ybb your take on what discussion board postings are less than before. I’ve noticed the same. I think many posters get enthusiastic in the beginning but difficult to make real conversation possible.
  • Probably like me, sick of the crazy political rantings (mostly the commie liberal snowflake variety) that have infested every thread on here...and makes this a rather unsavory, unwelcoming shadow of what it once was or coulda been.
  • edited August 2023
    d

I’ve deleted previous comment because I see this thread turning ugly and don’t participate in hurling brickbats.
  • @rsorden

+1. Agreed.

There is political. And then there's criminal indictments. Prosecutors don't proceed with indictments unless they are sure about the defendants' guilt.
  • @rsorden. I hate to give you the attention you so obviously crave but throwing words like “ commie liberal snowflake “ and “every thread” disqualifies you from having any credibility.
  • The "crazy political rantings that have infested every thread on here" have typically been initiated by you right-wing fanatics.

As evidenced by this thread.

Anything that you don't agree with is of course "the commie liberal snowflake variety". You people start this crap, then whine when someone responds with factual information. Kinda one-way.
  • @Devo, my guess is that discussion boards have a handful of posters (super-posters?) who tend to post/reply on everything. Sometimes, when they have no clue, they just ask for more details. So, after a while, discussions become repetitive. I keep an eye on OP Views (unfortunately, Reply Views are not separately available).

X/Twitter & Facebook are much bigger platforms. Not every post gets analyzed endlessly. It's more like "say what you have to say & move on". They also have ways to indicate whether you Like a post (without commenting +1 or making some generic comment). Some of my contents there may have hundreds of views without comments.

I Follow you on X/Twitter. So, anything you post on X/Twitter shows up on my feed. There nothing similar at discussion boards - Follow or Like at discussion boards (where available) are not as effective.
  • In my opinion, your contributions are unique because you contribute a lot and are not expecting anything in return. @Jasonfurman on Twitter is another that comes to mind. Many serial posters at Twitter want something in return but that’s probably too much generalizing about fintwit.
    It’s difficult to keep writing and posting without a feedback loop. It needs a different kind of personality.
  • @JohnN profile says he was last active yesterday, so he is still looking even if he is not posting.
  • Good work, @Anna.
  • @anna. Thanks for that.
  • rsorden said:

Probably like me, sick of the crazy political rantings (mostly the commie liberal snowflake variety) that have infested every thread on here...and makes this a rather unsavory, unwelcoming shadow of what it once was or coulda been.

Wow I thought all posting here was per your view. +1.

Being fair, much on this site is still noteworthy.
  • edited August 2023
    You can follow my trades at Twitter
    https://twitter.com/Qua59557042/status/1683917172202954752?s=20

Got out most mutual funds

Trade more options

Up 840k last 7 months after new yr
    Blew away 285k last 3 wks

Lucky I slow down

Be very careful from now on

Couple trade earlier

TSLA 09/08/2023 P $212.50 in $2.40
    Pltr csp 13.5$ expire next fri
    Snow csp 127$ expire this fri

More nvda 2 yrs hold
    Sold brk.b

Closed lots snow smci microsoft put..profits 30 50%

Scare rugged pull w earnings

Others may charge 290 300 per months for following their live trades
    I got them from my own research and chart analysis...I see lots resemblance from mine trades after I posted them

Very aggressive trades I don't recommend for retirees...or just 2 3% of portfolio trading options for fun ..

I will definitely slow down and be very cautious now..hope 85% Win rates from now unless ccp go into taiwan
  • Hey JohnN. Thanks for the update. Glad you are doing great. Ironically I won’t be able to follow you on X for reasons that I decline to discuss.