Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Wildermuth Fund to be liquidated

edited June 2023 in Fund Discussions
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1586009/000121390023052922/ea157252_497.htm

497 1 ea157252_497.htm 497

Wildermuth Fund

Supplement dated June 29, 2023, to the Wildermuth Fund Class A Shares and Class C Shares
prospectus and the Class I Shares prospectus, each dated July 29, 2022
and to the Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”) of the Class A, Class C and Class I Shares of the
Wildermuth Fund dated July 29, 2022

Effective immediately, the Board of Trustees (the “Board”) of Wildermuth Fund (the “Fund”), based upon the recommendation of Wildermuth Advisory LLC (the “Adviser”), the Fund’s investment adviser, approved a plan of liquidation for the Fund (the “Liquidation Plan”). After considering a variety of factors, the Board concluded that it would be advisable and in the best interest of the Fund and its shareholders that the Fund be closed and liquidated.

As a result of the adoption of the Liquidation Plan, the Fund will no longer actively pursue its stated investment objective, and the Adviser will begin to liquidate the Fund’s portfolio. The Fund’s portfolio manager will likely increase the Fund’s assets held in cash and cash equivalents in order to prepare for an orderly liquidation. As a result, the Fund is expected to deviate from its stated investment objective, policies and strategies.

In connection with the Fund’s liquidation, shareholders will receive one or more payments representing the shareholder’s proportionate interest in the net assets of the Fund, after the Fund has paid or provided for all taxes, expenses and any other liabilities, subject to any required withholdings. While the Fund intends to proceed with the Liquidation Plan, at this time, there is no estimate of when the liquidation will be completed.

Sales of the Fund’s shares were suspended effective June 22, 2023. In addition, effective June 29, 2023, the Fund’s quarterly repurchase offers will be suspended through the final distribution of the Fund’s assets pursuant to the Liquidation Plan.

The Fund’s website (www.wildermuthfund.com) will provide information, when available, about the status of the Fund, including information regarding dates and amounts of distributions, among other information and periodic reports relating to the Fund.

This supplement supersedes any prior supplements related to the above topics.

Please retain this supplement with the Fund’s Prospectus and SAI.

Comments

• Update:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1586009/000121390023062022/ea158908_497.htm

7 1 ea158908_497.htm 497

Wildermuth Fund

Supplement dated August 1, 2023, to the Wildermuth Fund Class A Shares and Class C Shares

prospectus and the Class I Shares prospectus, each dated July 29, 2022
    and to the Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”) of the Class A, Class C and Class I Shares of the

Wildermuth Fund dated July 29, 2022

On July 28, 2023, the Board of Trustees (the “Board”) of Wildermuth Fund (the “Fund”) approved, based on the recommendation of Wildermuth Advisory LLC: (i) the termination of the Fund’s Distribution Agreement with UMB Distribution Services, LLC; (ii) the termination of the Fund’s Distribution Plan relating to Class C shares; (iii) the termination of the Fund’s Shareholder Services Plan and Agreement relating to Class A and Class C shares; and (iv) the conversion of all of the Fund’s outstanding Class A and Class C shares to Class I shares (the “Class Conversion”). The termination of these agreements and plans, effective July 31, 2023, will discontinue services that are no longer needed because the Fund is in liquidation. These actions are also expected to lower expenses for the Fund and shareholders.

The Class Conversion, which is expected to occur on or before August 15, 2023 (the “Conversion Date”), will be completed based on the share classes’ relative net asset values on the Conversion Date, without the imposition of any fees or expenses. The Fund’s Class A, Class C and Class I shares have the same fee structure, except that Class I shares are not subject to distribution or service fees and the expense limitation cap for Class I shares is lower than that of Class A or Class C shares.

Furthermore, effective as of August 1, 2023, the “SUMMARY OF FUND EXPENSES” section in the Class I Prospectus is restated as provided below based on Fund expenses for the period from April 1, 2023 to July 28, 2023...
  • Never heard of it ... or the firm....
  • edited August 2023
    Wilson on 7-31-2023(link) "Morgan Stanley’s Wilson Says Stock Rally Reminds Him of 2019"

FD: Wilson is trying to save face. The rally already happened while Wilson was a bear.
    Wait, if Wilson is saying now that the rally will keep going, that's a good time to lighten up on stocks.

BTW, Wilson's predictions for 2019 were hugely off.
    Dec 31 2018: Wilson 2019 predictions(link): S&P 500 (^GSPC) Michael Wilson, Morgan Stanley’s chief equity strategist, thinks stocks will continue struggling next year. Essentially going sideways. Reality: SP500 was up 31.5%.