Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

zero sympathy from me: The Zuck will have to pay a record-high fine imposed by the EU.

Comments

• Screw "Zuck".
  • edited May 2023
    +1

Unfortunately, Zuck epitomizes the whole creepy “everywhere” internet / technological spying and tracking apparatus. Hell, wait until AI takes charge. We might find ourselves wishing for the return of only half-competent operators like Zuck.

I mean … your license plates are scanned, your face and movements are recorded and tracked, your voice signature is recorded, your internet searches, purchases, browsing history, auto repairs, medical records, publications subscribed to and online / cellphone contacts are saved / recorded for whatever use others may desire. And I haven’t even gotten to the creepy drones with cameras buzzing overhead.

Thanks Zuck. You heralded in this new form of life!